Types of Generators
If you are considering installing a generator in your home, you have a couple of options to choose from.
Two Types of Generators You Can Choose From:
- Whole-house generators: Also known as standby generators, whole-house generators provide automatic power backup in the event of an outage. These systems are strong enough to power your entire home and are permanently installed to ensure 24/7 blackout protection.
- Portable generators: These generators provide power for shorter periods of time. To get the most out of your system, it is best to use fewer appliances while your generator is running. Many homeowners will use them to keep their refrigeration systems and life-saving medical equipment running during an outage.
A number of factors—including size, price, noise levels, performance, and extra features—come into play when determining which type of generator is best for your Greenville home.
What Can a Whole-House Generator Power?
Whether you want to power your entire home or just a few appliances, a whole-home generator has you covered.
These Systems Provide Guaranteed Power for All Major Appliances, Including:
- Air conditioners
- Sump pumps
- Garage doors
- Security systems
- Water well pumps
- Washing machines
If you have questions about whether or not a generator can power a specific appliance, please reach out to our Greenville generator installation professionals.
Safety Tips for Your New Generator
Generators are a great way to power your home and protect your family, but they need to be used correctly. Improperly handling and operating your generator can put you at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning, fire, or electrocution.
Below Are 5 Safety Tips for Operating Your New Generator:
- Place your generator outdoors, at least 15 feet away from nearby structures
- Keep your generator dry by placing it on a dry surface under a canopy or some other type of open canopy-like structure
- Do not plug your generator into an outlet
- Keep an adequate supply of generator fuel on hand
- Schedule routine generator inspections
Our Greenville generator sales team is here to answer any questions You May Have. Call Today at (864) 306-4898.
Schedule a Generator Installation in Greenville Today!
As the most trusted name in home services, Five Star Plumbing Heating Cooling and Electrical has access to a variety of the most efficient and powerful generator systems on the market. No matter your comfort, efficiency, or budgetary needs, you can count on us to select and install the perfect system for your home.
With Our Team on Your Side, You Can Expect:
- 24/7 emergency services
- Free estimates
- A 100% satisfaction guarantee
Backed by decades of service experience, you can trust that our service professionals know a thing or two about protecting your Greenville home and keeping your family comfortable. Whether you want a portable or whole-home generator, you can count on us to provide a flawless installation.
• water and drain lines for leaks
• proper flow of all drains
• water heater (including flush)
• functionality of kitchens, bathrooms, laundry, etc.
Cannot be combined with any other offers or comfort club member discounts. Must mention coupon when scheduling and present at time of service; repairs not included. Additional terms and conditions may apply. Call for details. Valid from Mar 1, 2023 - Jun 30, 2023
Request ServiceServicing all brands
Our team is here to answer your questions. Contact us today at (864) 306-4898 or complete the form below.