If you're like most homeowners in Taylors, SC, your air conditioner is one of the essential appliances in your home. That's why it's so important to keep it in good working order. If your air conditioner is not cooling your home as it should, there's a good chance the thermostat is to blame.
Thermostats need to be replaced or repaired from time to time, just like any other appliance. Our team can help you troubleshoot the problem and get your AC back up and running in no time.
What to Do if Thermostat Is Not Working?
When your AC is not cooling your indoor space as efficiently as it should, you should check the thermostat.
First check the batteries, and if they are dead, replace them. If the problem persists, then it is something more serious that will require the help of a professional. This is because thermostats are rather delicate, and one should not tamper with them without proper technical know-how.
How to Determine if You Have a Faulty Thermostat?
There are a few telltale signs that indicate you may have a faulty thermostat:
- Unit is Unable to Cool the Home Evenly: If you notice that some rooms in your home are cooler than others, the thermostat is may not be working correctly.
- AC Not Turning On or Off: This is another common symptom of a faulty thermostat. If your AC unit does not turn on when you set the temperature lower than the current room temperature, there is a faulty thermostat. If your air conditioner seems to be running all the time without ever shutting off, even when the temperature in your home reaches the level you set on the thermostat, thermostats should be checked.
- AC Is Making Strange Noises: If your air conditioner starts making strange noises, it could be due to a problem with the thermostat.
How to Replace a Faulty Thermostat
Homeowners should not attempt to replace a faulty thermostat on their own. While it may seem like a simple task, several electrical components need to be properly connected for the thermostat to work correctly. If these connections are not made correctly, it could cause a fire or other damage to the home.
Therefore, it is always best to hire a professional when replacing a thermostat. A professional will have the necessary experience and knowledge to safely and correctly replace the thermostat.
How to Troubleshoot a Thermostat That Is Not Working Properly?
If you notice that your thermostat is not working correctly, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the problem:
- First, check the batteries. If they are dead, replace them and see if that does the trick.
- Next, check the settings on the thermostat to make sure they are correct.
If the problem persists, it is best to hire a professional to look at the thermostat. A professional will be able to diagnose and fix the problem correctly.
If you're experiencing problems with your air conditioner, don't hesitate to give us a call. We can help you troubleshoot a faulty thermostat issue and get your AC up and running in no time.