21 THINGS YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
1. Having work performed on your home is like having major surgery. It’s not something you do regularly, and you probably have major concerns about what’s going to happen. With Five Star Plumbing Heating Cooling, you can rest assured. We’ll go over the details of the professional home repair with you in person before we start the work. Most of all, we want you to be comfortable with us.
2. We promise not to arrive at your home before 8 AM. We realize that you have to get your family off to school and to work. We promise to work around and respect your schedule. After all, you’re the customer.
3. When we do arrive at your home, we’re not going to make a lot of noise that might disturb your neighbors. We won’t unload equipment and drop it in the street. We won’t shout at each other, and we won’t play loud music on the truck’s radio.
4. We keep our vehicles in top shape. You won’t hear a loud muffler first thing in the morning. We’ll be as quiet as we can be. Promise!
5. We won’t park in your driveway without your permission. We recognize that your driveway is your personal space, and we respect that. If we park in the street, we’ll make certain that we don’t leave any dangerous tools or equipment lying around that might present a hazard to your children or to your neighbor’s children.
6. We’ll cover the walkways into your home and to the work area with drop cloths to protect them while we carry equipment in and out. We’ll also cover the floors and stairways in your home that we will be walking on as we move between our truck and your job during the day.
7. If we have to carry out old equipment, we’ll wrap it in plastic or a drop cloth first to make sure no debris winds up on your floors. We’ll take great care if we have to move any furniture out of the way to get equipment in and out of your home. And we will wear carpet protectors to make sure we don’t track any dirt into your home.
8. We will, of course, have complete liability and comprehensive insurance coverage when we show up to work at your home. If one of our employees gets injured while on your property, it will not affect your homeowner’s insurance policy. And should we accidentally damage your property, our insurance will cover that damage up to Two Million Dollars. We are a responsible company.
9. Our professional licenses will be current and the technicians who work in your home will be fully bonded. None of our people will wander into any part of your home where they have no business being.
10. We have a no-tobacco policy in our company. You can rest assured that none of our people will be smoking or chewing tobacco either in your home or anywhere on your property.
11. We also have a drug and alcohol-free policy in our company. None of our people will be high from drugs or drinking beer or any other alcoholic beverage during the day – whether they are in your home or away on a lunch break.
12. We won’t use your bathroom without your permission. This, too, we recognize as your personal space. If you should decide to give our technicians permission to use your bathroom, we can assure you that they will leave it as clean as they found it.
13. And we promise not to use your hand towels. We furnish all of our employees with hand cleaner and paper towels. They won’t leave a mess.
14. We won’t use your kitchen or bathroom sink or your glassware to get a drink of water. Our employees will bring their own beverages with them, and they won’t leave their empty bottles lying around during the course of the job. We like to keep our work areas as neat as possible.
15. We will be planning your job carefully to ensure that your water, heat and electricity will be off for the shortest possible time, of course. No one likes to be inconvenienced. We recognize that, and we’ll plan accordingly.
16. And don’t be concerned about our people using your telephone. We’re a modern company and all of our crews are equipped with cell phones. Our supervisors also carry cell phones. If we need to reach them, we will contact them on their phones, not by calling them on your home telephone.
17. In the same spirit, we promise that our employees will not be receiving any personal calls on your home phone during the time they’re on your job. It’s your phone, not ours. We understand and respect that.
18. We won’t play music while on your job. We’re not the sort of company that shows up with a boom box. We like to work as quietly as possible although demolition can be a bit noisy. If you have small children who take naps during the day, please let us know in the morning, and we’ll take care to be especially quiet during those times.
19. We will not use foul language in your home. Even if we drop something heavy on our toes! We make it our policy to treat your family members with the same respect we would expect others to show toward our family members.
20. If you have a family pet, we promise to be very careful when we go back and forth to our van. Many of our people own cats and dogs and we know how quickly a pet can scoot out the door. We’re sensitive to that, and we’ll take great care as we come and go during this job.
21. When we’re done working, we’ll clean up thoroughly and to your satisfaction. We’ll go over the job with you and make sure you’re happy with our work. We’ll take all our trash with us when we leave. If any debris can be recycled rather than being put into the land fill, you have our assurance that we recycle everything that we can. We won’t leave any of our refuse in your trash cans.
All in all, we’re going to treat you with the respect that you deserve while we are working in your home. You, after all, are the customer, our only reason for being in business. Thanks again for considering Five Star Plumbing Heating Cooling for your next home repair project. We look forward to serving you in a most professional way.
We service Greenville, Spartanburg, Hendersonville, Oconee, and surrounding areas.